Friday, January 20, 2012

Wheat, corn, rye, blueberry muffins


On a cold winter afternoon we needed a preschool friendly activity. Muffin making! These are adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. I like them. They're really substantial and the mix of flours was really nice. (Our cat likes to eat muffins and she liked them too!)

Muffins
1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c rye flour (from Open Oak CSA)
1/2 c Saskatoon corn flour (from Open Oak CSA)
4 T molasses
1/4 t salt
2 eggs
1 c milk
1/3 c canola oil
1 c blueberries (from McKenzie River Organics)

Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine until just mixed. Pour into oiled muffin tins. Bake 375F for 25 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. Yum! I must say that I've never heard of a muffin-eating cat before. Is she a tad pampered to get such treats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never approved muffin tasting, but, yes, she's a pampered kitty anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kiddos are going through the oddest phase. They love frozen blueberries from are rejecting blueberries in any baked good.... not even blueberry pancakes make the cut! Looking forward to this summer when I can reteach them about blueberries on the bush. I like the use of molasses in these. I bet that gave them a great flavor.

    ReplyDelete