Monday, March 19, 2012

Hearty Brownies

On a rainy day recently, my son and I wanted to make brownies. I decided I also wanted to see how many different types of grains from our CSA we could use, and if I could add in some additional fruits and vegetables like a Sneaky Chef recipe. My son and I thought they were chocolatey and good--and also very hearty.

Hearty Brownies
1 banana
1 c walnuts
1/4 c Scottish oats (from Lonesome Whistle CSA)
1/4 c yams
1/2 c cocoa powder (from Euphoria Chocolate)
3/4 c Red Fife whole wheat flour (from Lonesome Whistle CSA)
1/4 c rye flour (from Lonesome Whistle CSA)
1/2 c brown sugar
6T butter melted
1/4 t salt
2 eggs
2 t vanilla

Mix banana, walnuts, yams, and oats together in a food processor until walnuts are pulverized. In a separate bowl, mix together flours, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt. Then, stir in banana mixture. Melt butter then add with eggs and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Pour into a 9x9" oiled pan and bake 350F for 20 minutes.

2 comments: